Wild Mushroom & Goat’s Curd Canapé Cups
This simple canapé will wow guests without giving you hours of work to do in the kitchen. It’s great for drinks parties and will stay fresh for a couple of hours if you want to get ahead or take to a friend’s. Next time try varying the mushrooms or herbs you use. This will quickly become a party staple!
- 500g Goat’s curd
- Small bunch of chives, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Glug of olive oil
- 250g Girolles or other wild mushroom, cleaned and sliced into approximately 3cm pieces
- Small bunch of parsley, leaves chopped
- 24 Canapé shells
- Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
1. In a mixing bowl lightly whisk together the goat’s curd, chives and lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt and generous grind of pepper then test for seasoning and adjust to taste. Put to one side.
2. Place a frying pan over a medium heat with a glug of olive oil. When hot, add the mushrooms to the pan. Stir frequently and cook until tender, about five minutes. Toss in the parsley and season to taste.
3. To assemble, put a heaped teaspoon of the goat’s curd mix into each cup and top with a teaspoon of the mushrooms. Scatter with lemon zest and serve.