Baked Vacherin Mont d'Or
- 3 - 4 people Feeds
- 00h 05 Prep time
- 00h 25 Cook time
Vacherin is a highly seasonal cheese, available for just a few months of the year - generally from mid-October for the best examples, although exact timing varies. It takes a lot of milk to make just one Vacherin, resulting in a rich, creamy texture and nutty flavour.
Although it can be enjoyed straight from the box Vacherin Mont d’Or is also fantastic baked until gooey, perfect for dipping into with pieces of bread or boiled small potatoes. This is an incredibly simple recipe that’s guaranteed to impress.
- 1 Vacherin Mont d'Or
- A few cloves garlic
- Sprig rosemary
- Olive oil
- Cornichons to serve
- Bread and/or small potatoes to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Remove any plastic covering from the cheese and wrap the bottom half of the box in foil. Place the cheese on a baking tray.
- Make a few slits in the top of the cheese and insert small cloves of garlic and a few small sprigs of rosemary. Rub the top with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the top is starting to colour and the cheese is gooey.