Perigord Truffle Arancini
Prep Time : 23h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 05
Servings Number : 3 - 4 people
Arancini are usually made with leftover risotto, but there is another way to make them - try the method below if you don’t fancy stirring a risotto for ages just to let it go cold overnight! This will make around 15 arancini.
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water until tender. Drain, allow to cool slightly, then combine with two of the eggs, Parmesan and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on a tray and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, sprinkle the rice with the grated mozzarella and grate over two thirds of the truffle.
- Spread one plate with seasoned flour, another with two of the eggs and a third with panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil for deep frying to 180C.
- Put one large spoonful of rice into your hand and form into a ball. Roll first in the flour, second in the egg and third in the crumb.
- Deep fry for 3-5 minutes, or until deep golden all over.
- Serve with the remaining truffle shaved over.