Black Truffle Focaccia
- 2 - 4 people Feeds
- 00h 05 Prep time
- 00h 05 Cook time
This authentic bread is produced on the coast of Italy, where the traditional focaccia recipe has been enhanced with the delightful, earthy flavour of black truffle paste for centuries. Simply warm up in the oven for the most decadent and delicious bread to share at your dinner table! To take this focaccia to the next level, we experimented with shaving fresh black truffle on top of the warm bread and drizzling over a little black truffle oil. Is there a better combination than the smell of fresh bread and truffle?!
Watch the video of how to prepare this delicious bread here.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Pop the bread on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. When you take the bread out, the bread should be slightly moist from the oil that comes out of the focaccia in the baking process.
- Using a truffle shaver, thinly shave a generous amount of fresh black truffle (both Autumn truffle or Perigord will taste delicious) over the focaccia.
- Drizzle a few drops of black truffle oil all over the focaccia (this is usually where the delicious, aromatic flavour comes from in truffle recipes as the fresh truffles have quite a subtle flavour).
- Serve immediately and enjoy!