- 1 - 2 people Feeds
- 00h 15 Prep time
- 00h 15 Cook time
This comfort food classic is surprisingly easy to make, especially using our superb garlic and parsley butter.
We use a trick for stuffing the kievs that makes them less likely to burst open during cooking.
- Ensure the garlic and parsley butter is beginning to defrost but is still very firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Remove the thin fillet strip of meat from each chicken breast and set aside.
- Insert a long, sharp knife into the thickest side of each chicken breast to make a pocket, taking care not to cut through the flesh on either side.
- Cut the garlic butter into rounds and in half again. Stuff each cavity with the butter. Cut a section of the trimmed chicken and use it to plug the butter cavities. Use a little flour and water paste to ‘glue’ it in place, if you like.
- Spread one plate with seasoned flour, another with beaten egg and another with panko crumbs. Dip the kievs first into the flour, then into the egg, then coat fully with the crumbs.
- Heat oil to 180C at a depth of 1 inch, in a high sided pan suitable for deep frying.
- Fry for 3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Place on a baking tray and cook for 12 minutes, or until cooked through.