Cauliflower and Chestnut Soup with Alba Truffle
- 6 - 8 people Feeds
- 15m Prep time
- 20m Cook time
This silky smooth and comforting soup is given a touch of luxury in the form of Alba truffle. Chestnuts and cauliflower make a rich soup that compliments the flavour of the truffle very well. This would make a perfect autumnal starter or indulgent lunch!
- Heat the butter and a small splash of oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes on low heat, until softened.
- Add the cauliflower and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream, then return to the heat and bring back to the boil. Season well with salt and white or black pepper.
- Add the chestnuts, then blend the soup using a stick blender.
- Top each serving with grated Parmesan, a swirl of olive oil and plenty of grated Alba truffle.