Porcini and Leek Mini Quiches
- 19 - 20 people Feeds
- 10m Prep time
- 20m Cook time
These mini quiches use porcini and leeks for a delicious savoury filling. You could swap the mushrooms for your favourite variety. Girolles would also be lovely.
The quiches are baked in ready-made tart cases, which saves a lot of time and hassle when you are entertaining guests. Simply fill and pop them in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat a frying pan and add a thick slice of butter. Add the leeks and cook over a low heat until softened, stirring often (around 15 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and allow them to colour. Season with salt and cook until their moisture ha evaporated, taking care not to burn.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add the cream. Season very well with pepper and a little salt. Allow the leeks and mushrooms to cool a little, then add them to the mixture. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the tart cases, taking care not to overfill. Grate some Parmesan on top of each quiche.
- Cook for 20 minutes and allow to cool before serving.