Items 1-20 of 36
- Sea Rosemary Micro Herb, 30g£5.95A herb that grows in close proximity to the sea, this develops a natural saltiness that is a wonderful seasoning for lighter fishes such as, cod, brill, pollock and halibut. Try chopping the herb finely and adding it to sea salt to create a a lovely rub for fish prior to cooking.Out of stock
- Pea Shoots, 100g£5.50Sweet, tender and fresh describes these wonderful pea shoots perfectly. The delicate micro herbs have a distinctive sweet pea flavour and are delicious in so many dishes. Top off a stir fry with them, add to salads and sandwiches, serve them alongside freshly grilled fish or scallops, the possi...
- Amaranth Micro Herb, 30g£4.95Part of a larger family of leaves and seeds, amaranth micro-greens add not only fabulous flavour to dishes, they also add a dazzling burst of colour. These tender purple-red leaves are slightly sweet and reminiscent of baby beetroot in taste; use them in salads or as an accompaniment to all ty...
- Purple Basil, Micro Herb, 30g£4.95This rich red micro-green is packed with peppery and spicy flavours. Try stirring in to pasta with a sauce just after cooking while its still hot or simply sprinkle a few leaves over the top. The intense flavour means it is excellent for making red pesto. Needs to be ordered 24 hours in advance.Out of stock
- Lemon Balm Micro, 30g£4.95Lemon balm is a delicious little herb that is part of the mint family. Unlike its relatives it has a lemony flavour and fragrance, similar to a lemon sherbet. It is also called Melissa, which is the Greek word for honey bee, as it is known to attract them for pollination. Lemon balm gives a delicate...
- Green Basil Micro Herb, 30g£4.95Micro basil is the seedling plant of the older and more ubiquitous green basil. In the micro size, the leaves contain the essence of their larger selves so the taste is concentrated and gives an intense burst of flavour. The delicate little leaf is great as a garnish or on canapés.
- Alfalfa Sprouts, 100g£3.25Alfalfa sprouts originated in Persia where its name in Arabic meant ‘father of all foods’. The tiny sprouts are still living .They make a pretty garnish and are excellent in salads and sandwiches, contributing a lovely mild nutty flavour and delicate crunch. They can also be blended into...Out of stock
- Buzz Buttons, 1 x Punnet£6.50These little buds pack a big punch. Known for their explosive flavour and tongue-tingling effects, buzz buttons can also be called Sichuan buttons or toothache plant – but rest assured, the results are gently numbing rather than pain inducing.Out of stock
- Ice Lettuce Micro Herb, 100g£5.95Ice lettuce gets its name from the tiny 'bubbles' all over its surface, which are frost-like in appearance. It has a clean, lemony flavour and can be eaten raw or pan-seared - a great partner for fish and chicken dishes, and an excellent addition to salads.Out of stock
- Mizuna Micro Herb, 30g£4.95Also known as 'Japanese/spider mustard', this piquant leaf looks a lot like rocket, and has a hot, dry aftertaste which adds a wonderful bite to salads, soups and stir fries. Try it on salmon for a change, or put a little in your sandwich for a little variety at lunchtime.Out of stock
- Parsley Micro Herb, 30g£4.95The mild, fresh tang of parsley has long been a household favourite, thanks to its ability to enhance without ever overpowering. Along with lemon, it makes the perfect garnish for fresh fish dishes, and a wonderful flavouring for cooking butter - simply shred into melted butter in a pan, or beat int...
- Sea Fennel, 30g£6.00Fennel has always been a big noise, both in the kitchen and in mythology (the god Bacchus carried a fennel wand according to some). This micro herb has strong licorice notes, and you can eat it raw as a salad or garnish any time - try some in chicken or fish-based soups.Out of stock
- Thai Basil Micro Herb, 30g£4.95Warming and sweet, Thai basil gives a delicious fragrance to any dish and is a very close relative of that star of Mediterranean cooking. The dainty leaves are very pretty and should be added to dishes as a garnish rather than during cooking to prevent them leaves burning and impairing the flav...Out of stock
- Micro Thyme, x 1 Punnet£5.95Inject a little freshness into your cooking with this amazing micro thyme - tiny leaves and sprigs which are no less potent despite their size. The delicate appearance of the herb adds prettiness too, so you can simply tear or snip into little clumps and use raw as a garnish on a variety of dishes. ...Out of stock
- Watercress Micro Herb, 100g£5.50Watercress is a pretty garnish an ingredient which has always been well known for its refreshing, peppery tang. Don't be deceived by the size of these delicate micro sprigs - they pack an incredible flavour, and are all you need to give a luxurious edge to soups, sandwiches, salads and canapes. Try ...Out of stock
Items 1-20 of 36