Terms & Conditions
General terms and conditions
1. In order to ensure the security of your account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all information related to your account, including your password. Additionally, you bear responsibility for restricting unnecessary access to your computer in order to prevent unauthorised access to your online account.
2. You further agree to accept complete responsibility for all activities that occur via your account and its companion password.
3. It is your responsibility to take all reasonable steps to keep your password both secure and confidential. If you learn or believe that your password has become available to another person or persons, or if you discover that your password has been utilized in an unauthorised of inappropriate manner, you need to inform us immediately of this breach.
4. In setting up your account with us, it is important that you ensure all of the information that you provide is true and correct. Please advise us of any changes that occur in regard to your account information promptly. Updating of account information can be undertaken by accessing the Your Account area of the website.
5. We reserve the right to terminate accounts, remove or edit any content or cancel orders at any time at our sole discretion. (Cancelled orders will result in no charge being assessed to you.) Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse access to the website, also at our sole discretion.
Access to your account.
6. We are committed to taking every step possible to ensure that your access to our website will be uninterrupted. Additionally, we equally are committed to making certain that all transmissions are error free. Nonetheless, we are unable to offer a guarantee in this regard. The manner in which the Internet itself functions renders it impossible for us to make any sort of wide ranging guarantee regarding access and transmission reliability.
7. There will be instances when access to our site will be suspended temporarily for maintenance and service. Rest assured that any such interruption or suspension will be limited in duration.
8. The owners and operators of this website, in cooperation with other Internet venues, maintain a standard of conduct for users and visitors to this site.
9. By accessing this website, you agree not to utilize this website venue in any manner or fashion that will cause or is likely to cause the website (or access to the website by others) to be impaired, interrupted, or damaged.
10. By accessing this website, you are acknowledging that you understand that you are wholly responsible for all electronic communications sent by you to or through this website. You fully understand that any such electronic communications must be strictly for lawful purposes.
11. Pursuant to the applicable statutes and regulations of the UK, as well as all applicable international treaties and agreements governing electronic communication, you are wholly prohibited from utilizing the website for any of the following purposes:
• To attempt to defraud any person or other legally recognized entity.
• In connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity.
• To send, use or reuse any material that is illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right; or is otherwise injurious to third parties; or objectionable; or which consists of or contains software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any ‘spam’ (this includes materials deemed pornographic by contemporary community standards).
• To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to another person.
12. In order to purchase alcohol from www.finefoodspecialist.co.uk you must be a resident of the UK and be over the age of 18 years. We reserve the right to refuse service to any customer who we may suspect may be under 18 years of age. Fine Food Specialist cannot ship alcohol outside of the UK.
1. Information that you provide.
When you voluntarily enter onto our website, we receive and store information from you. Additionally, if while visiting our website you elect to provide us with other information about you, we will receive and store that information as well. We use any information that we receive from you and subsequently store for the sole purpose of customising future visits by you, to respond to your requests and to communicate with you. In short, any information we collect is maintained by us to make your transactions with us easier and more productive for you.
2. Information retained automatically.
There are certain instances when we retain certain types of information automatically. We gather this information automatically through your specific interactions with our website. Like many other Internet websites, we utilise what are known as ‘cookies’. In other words, when your web browser accesses our website, through the use of ‘cookies’, we gather some specific information about you.
Keep in mind that there are certain tools or utilities that allow you browse a website like our own anonymously. If you do elect to utilise such tools or utilities, we will not be able to provide you with a targeted or personalised experience when you visit our website. Indeed, if you do have ‘cookies’ disabled, there are in fact some websites that you will not be able to access at all.
3. Information from email communications.
From time to time we will send you emails in regard to services and products offered by or through our website. In some instances, we will be electronically notified that you have opened an email that we have sent you previously. If you would rather not receive emails from us, please notify us of your preference.
4. Information from other sources.
In some limited instances we may receive information about you and your shopping, product and service preferences from other sources and resources. This limited information will be added to the account information we maintain at our website. An example of this information received from other sources would be information collected by one of our associated vendors.
5.Website and information security.
We take every step possible to protect information that you provide to us or that is collected through our website on your behalf as described previously. Whenever possible, we use specialised software that encrypts information that you input and transmit to our website.
In order for you to assist us making certain your information is as secure as possible. To not share your password with anyone else. Additionally, if you are utilising a shared computer to access our website, take the time to log off completely after each and every visit to our website.
European Union Safe Harbor participation Our company and this website participate in the Safe Harbor program as developed by the European Union. We certify that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles as established by the European Union. If you would like more information on our European Union Safe Harbor Certification, please contact us directly.
6.Exchange and sharing of information
We are not in the business of selling any information we collect in regard to our customers at any time.
From time to time, information collected may be shared with the following types of entities (within the parameters outlined herein):
From time to time, we do employ other individuals or companies to perform certain functions. For example, we may regularly contract with delivery services. In such instances, it may be necessary to provide such an entity with information about you in order to further the fulfilment of our own agreement to provide you with products or services.
B. Affiliated businesses
In some instances, we do provide products and/or services through affiliated businesses. In these instances, it may be necessary to provide an affiliated business with some information about you in order to further the fulfilment of our own agreement with you.
C. Legal process
On rare occasions, we are legally obliged to provide limited information in order to remain in compliance with the law, to protect our rights under the conditions of use we have publicly endorsed, or to protect the safety of our company, its employees, our website users or other individuals.
D. Your consent
Any other release of information will require your consent.
Licence to access and for limited use of website
The owners and operators of this website grant you a limited licence to access this website venue. You are permitted the use of this website via this limited licence for personal use only.
Pursuant to the limited licence to access this website, the owners and operators do not grant to you any authority to download any portion of the site (other than automatic page caching as necessary to utilize the features of the website. Further, you are not permitted via this limited licence to modify the website or any portion of it without the express prior written consent and permission of the owners and operators of this website
The limited licence referenced herein does not include any resale of commercial use of this website or its contents unless specifically authorized otherwise by the owners and operators of this website. You are prohibited from any collection and unauthorized use of any product or service listings, descriptions, or prices of the same. Additionally, you wholly are prohibited from undertaking and derivative use of this website or any contents herein. You wholly are prohibited from any downloading or copying of any account information, including such information contained in your own account or any other account duly established at this website, for the purposes of attempting to benefit any other merchant or vendor. Further, you wholly are prohibited from the utilization of data mining, robots or any similar functioning data gathering and extraction tools or software.
All contents of this website are protected by all applicable patent, registration and copyright laws and treaties currently in force. Thus, this website (or any portion thereof) may not be, in any fashion, reproduced, duplicated, copies, sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any purpose (commercial or otherwise) beyond that for which permission is granted in this limited licence to access the website. This website (or any portion thereof) can only be reproduced, duplicated, copies, sold, resold, or otherwise exploited for any purpose (commercial or otherwise) beyond that for which permission is granted in this limited licence with the express prior written permission of the owners and operators of this website. Nothing in this limited licence extends permission or authorization to you to frame or use framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of this website without prior express written consent of the owners and operators of this website.
You are prohibited from utilizing any so-called ‘meta tags’ or any other type of electronically ‘hidden text’ using any of the propriety information or materials contained at this website without the prior express written consent of the owners and operators of this website.
You are granted a limited, revocable, non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the ‘Home Page’ of this website.
Any violation of the provisions of the limited licence will result in a termination of your access to this website. Further, the website owners and operators reserve their right to any and all avenues of legal recourse that may be available to them in the case you do violate any provision of this limited licence.
As referenced previously, all content included and maintained on this website (including, but not necessarily limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software) is the property of the owners and operators of this website, it affiliates and/or various content suppliers and, thus, is wholly protected by the laws of the UK relating to intellectual property as well as all applicable treaties now in force.
You wholly are prohibited from systematically extracting or utilising any of the contents included and maintained on this website without the prior express written permission of the owners and operators of this website. As referenced previously, you wholly are prohibited from utilizing any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools to extract (whether once or many times) for re-utilisation of any substantial parts of this website, without the prior express written permission of the owners and operators of this website.
Terms and conditions relating to the sale of products and services
Terms and conditions relating to the sale of products to you
In this section, the owners and operators of this website provide to you the terms and conditions relating the sale of products to you from and through this website. The terms and conditions presented herein are done so in compliance with all applicable laws of the United Kingdom and the European Union.
Contract for sale of goods and/or services
A contract will be deemed to exist between the owners and operators of this website and any duly authorized purchaser at the point in time that the owners and operators of this website transmits a confirmation email to the purchaser.
The order submitted by any purchaser is deemed to be an offer to purchase products and/or services designated within the order itself. Acceptance occurs at the point in time that the owners and operators of this website transmit the aforementioned confirmation email to the purchaser.
Any products that may have been ordered by a purchaser but which are not included in the confirmation email transmitted from the owners and operators of this website shall be deemed not to be a part of any contract.
Pricing and availability of products and services
The owners and operators of this website shall make their best efforts to provide accurate and up to date information about product and/or service availability on this website. Furthermore the images supplied on the product description pages are merely an example of the product available and the actual product which you receive upon delivery may vary from this image.
Dispatch estimates provided to purchasers at the time of a sales transaction are estimates only.
As any order is processed, the purchaser shall be advised of any products and/or services that are determined to be unavailable with all deliberate speed.
The owners and operators of this website endeavour always to ensure that product and/or pricing is accurate at all times. Should a product and/or service be incorrectly priced for one reason or another, the owners and operators will do as follows:
a. If the product’s price is lower than that advertised on the website, the product will be sold to the purchaser at the lower price.
b. If the product’s price is higher than that advertised on the website, the purchaser shall have the option of purchasing the product at the higher price or shall have the option of rejecting the same.
More specific information can be found on the Pricing and Availability Guide.
You must be over the age of eighteen years in order to purchase products and/or services from this website.
Affiliated companies and marketing
From time to time, the owners and operators of this website may provide links and/or advertisements regarding the products and services offered by affiliated businesses. The owners and operators of this website are not responsible for evaluating the products and/or services offered by these affiliated enterprises. We do not warrant, guarantee or endorse any of these products and/or services. Additionally, the owners and operators of this website assume no responsibility or legal and equitable liability whatsoever for the actions, advertisements, products or services of these affiliated third parties.
Ingredient & Nutritional Information Disclaimer
Please note that whilst we take every care to ensure the product information displayed on our website is correct, product recipes are regularly changed and this may affect nutrition and allergen information therefore you should always check product labels and not rely solely on the information presented on the website.
Agreement to electronic communication
By accessing this website, you agree and consent to receive electronic communications from the owners and operators of this website and their agents. All agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications will be transmitted to you electronically.
In now way will electronic communications be deemed to alter or amend any rights guaranteed to you by any applicable statute or regulation.
The owners and operators of this website will be responsible for any losses you suffer as a result of any breach of these conditions by the owners and operators of this website if the losses were reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the website or at the point in time when a contract for the sale of goods or services was formed. The owners and operators of this website (and their agents) will not be responsible for any business loss (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure) or any other indirect or consequential loss that is not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the website or when a contract for the sale of goods was formed. The owners and operators of this do not limit in any way our liability by law for death or personal injury caused from our negligence or breach of duty as required by law.
Changes, alterations and variances
The owners and operators of this website reserve the right to make changes to this website, and to its policies at any time. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you access and use this website or that you order goods from us, unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you). If any of these conditions is deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
This provision on changes, alterations and variances is presented in compliance with all applicable statutes and regulations.
Events and circumstances beyond our control
The owners and operators of this website will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause which is beyond our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Applicable law and governing jurisdiction
These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
When ordering goods from this website for delivery overseas you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. The owners and operators of this website we have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be at any time.
Any returns must be made within 7 days of receiving your product. The product(s) must be returned in its correct condition.
Any cancellations must be made before 12pm the day your products are due to be shipped to you. Please make sure you are happy with your basket before pressing the payment button in check out.
Fine Food Specialist
Orders by telephone 0845 272 5916 OR 02076272553
Please telephone (10am-5pm) You will be asked the following:
1. Your full name, billing address and postcode
2. Your credit card number and details
3. The delivery address including postcode
4. Item reference and quantity required.
Orders by email
You can order via email at email@example.com.
If you do not receive confirmation from us your order may not have been received. Please contact us by telephone.
UK Delivery charges
Please check the ‘Delivery’ section or call us on 0845 272 5916 for all UK delivery charges Please check the 'Delivery' option at the header of the website.
Export delivery charges
Delivery charges will be quoted by phone for all orders.
Restrictions may apply to non-EU countries.
The owners and operators of this website will not be held responsible for any particular item contained in an order being confiscated by authorities, or any import duties, which are the responsibility of the recipient or donor.