Duck Confit with Lentils and Baby Artichokes
- 1 - 2 people Feeds
- 15m Prep time
- 25m Cook time
Duck confit is one of the ultimate ready-prepared ingredients. Simply reheat and serve with pulses, beans, vegetables or potatoes for a luxurious meal in minutes! Here we serve the confit duck with green lentils and tender baby artichokes.
- Prepare a bowl of water, then squeeze the juice from the lemon into it. Set aside.
- Trim the outer purple leaves and woody outer layer of stalk from the baby artichokes. Trim the top 1cm of the remaining leaves, then cut in half. Remove and discard the choke. Place the prepared artichokes in the bowl of lemon water - this will stop them from discolouring.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a splash of oil. Add the onion, carrot and celery and cook for 10 minutes, until starting to soften. Add the garlic and cook for a minute longer.
- Add the chicken stock and lentils. Cook for 15 minutes, then add the baby artichokes and put a lid on. Cook until the artichokes are soft, around 10 minutes more.
- lid on. Cook until the artichokes are soft, around 5 minutes more. While the artichokes are cooking, heat a second frying pan over medium heat and crisp the duck legs, skin side down for 5 minutes, then carefully flip over and cook for a few minutes more, or until heated through.
- Serve the duck legs with the lentils and artichokes and top with the parsley.