Italian Sausage & Ricotta Tortelloni with a 'Nduja crumb
- 2 people Feeds
- 00h 05 Prep time
- 00h 10 Cook time
The wonderful savoury aroma and flavours which burst from these hot pockets of pasta is not to be believed until sampled - if you like an Italian sausage sandwich, these are definitely for you! Luganega is the variety of Italian sausages used in these delicious tortellonis, combined with a little ricotta cheese.
These handmade tortelloni are perfect on their own, and then tossed in olive oil and parmesan, but we took it one step further and made a 'nduja breadcrumb to add a spicy crunch. If you have any crumb leftover, it’s prefect on any other pasta dishes, salads, pizzas or even your morning omelette!
- Boil the water for the pasta
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a frying pan, then add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add to the frying pan the breadcrumbs, chopped parsley leaves, lemon zest and nduja and fry over a gentle heat for 7-8mins until they start to crisp up. Remove from the pan and set aside when cooked.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta, cooking for the amount of time stated on the packet.
- Drain the pasta, add a knob of butter or olive oil to the saucepan used and re-add pasta to coat.
- Serve on a plate with nduja crumb, and garnish with parsley and parmesan. Enjoy!