Veal and Truffle Burger with Oven Truffle Chips
- 1 - 2 people Feeds
- 00h 10 Prep time
- 00h 40 Cook time
These veal and truffle burgers make an indulgent lunch, particularly with truffle dusted chips! We’ve made oven chips for this recipe, which are much less hassle to cook than the deep fried version, although of course the truffle dust is delicious on those too…
- Preheat the oven to its highest setting - 250C or higher if you can.
- Blanch the potatoes in boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Coat the potatoes in the oil and cook for 20-30 minutes, turning at least once.
- Cook the burgers by heating a heavy based frying pan (preferably a cast iron griddle) or barbecue.
- Cook the venison burgers for around 6 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Toast the buns and spread with mayonnaise. Add a handful of pea shoots to each.
- Heat a small frying pan and add some oil or butter. Fry the eggs until just cooked. Add the burgers to the buns and top each with a fried egg. Shave over as much summer truffle as you like and close the buns.
- When the chips are ready, season well with salt and plenty of truffle dust. Serve with the burgers.