Wagyu and Crunchy Veg Roll Canapes
- 6 - 8 people Feeds
- 15m Prep time
- 5m Cook time
This is a great way to make a piece of exceptional Wagyu beef go further. The steak is seared and sliced into strips then wrapped around crunchy fresh vegetables, which make a fantastic contrast with the rich meat.
The canapes are served with a flavourful dipping sauce of soy, chilli oil, sesame and ginger.
- Make the dip by combining the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, chilli oil, fresh ginger and sugar and mixing well. Set aside.
- Heat a cast-iron or other heavy-based frying pan until very hot. Season the Wagyu steak very well with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Rest the steak for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, slice the vegetables into very thin strips.
- Once the steak is rested, slice it thinly.
- Gather a small bunch of vegetable strips and wrap a piece of steak around them, using a cocktail stick to secure the bundle. Repeat with the remaining steak slices.