Watermelon Radish, Pearl Barley, Sugar Snap and Goats’ Curd Salad
- 2 - 3 people Feeds
- 10m Prep time
- 40m Cook time
This fresh, fun salad is a perfect starter before a rich meal, or try it as a light lunch. Watermelon radishes are so pretty, and their crisp texture makes them a perfect partner for creamy goats’ curd. The pearl barley brings substance and a toasty flavour to the salad.
- Combine the sea salt and caster sugar with the rice vinegar and 75ml hot water (from the tap) in a jug and mix until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Pour over the sliced radish and set aside.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan and add the pearl barley. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Bring a separate pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the sugar snaps for 1 minute, then drain and refresh under cold water.
- Combine the mint, honey, lemon juice, olive oil and some salt and pepper in a clean lidded jar or bowl and shake or whisk to combine.
- Drain the radish and divide between plates, topping with some of the drained pearl barley and sugar snaps. Distribute the goats’ curd on top and pour over the dressing. Serve immediately.