Fried Eggs with Brown Butter and Alba White Truffle
- 2 - 3 people Feeds
- 5m Prep time
- 10m Cook time
Eggs and Alba white truffle are a match made in heaven, and this dish is so luxurious, despite its simplicity. You could add Parmesan, chilli flakes or chives, if you want to steer this in a slightly different direction. Serve with toast for mopping up the beautiful golden egg yolk.
- 6 eggs
- 40g unsalted butter, plus extra for frying
- 15g Alba white truffle
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add the 40g butter. Cook until it turns brown, a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Heat 2 small frying pans over medium-low heat (or you could cook 1 portion at a time, if it’s easier).
- Add a small piece of butter (around 5g or 1 teaspoon) and when it’s melted, add the eggs. Cook until the whites are just set.
- Transfer the eggs to a plate and top with some of the brown butter (reheat gently and briefly, if necessary) and plenty of shaved Alba white truffle.