Partridge with Mustard, Bacon and Tarragon
- 1 - 2 people Feeds
- 00h 15 Prep time
- 00h 20 Cook time
This recipe is rich, comforting and the perfect way to use these delicious little birds. Jointing the partridge brings the opportunity to cook the legs and breasts for different lengths of time, ensuring that every piece is perfectly cooked.
Serve with some simply steamed chard or cavolo nero for a simple yet indulgent meal that will quickly become a favourite. The recipe is easily doubled.
Recipe by Helen Graves.
- Gently cook the bacon lardons until crisp. Set aside, keeping the fat in the pan.
- Brown the partridge pieces in the bacon fat. Set aside.
- Add the shallots and cook gently until soft.
- Add the crushed garlic for 30 seconds, then add the white wine and reduce by a third, scraping the bottom of the pan to release the flavour.
- Add the stock and the partridge pieces and allow to simmer for 5 minutes, before removing the partridge legs.
- Continue cooking further 5 minutes, or until breasts are cooked through.
- Remove the breasts from the pan and add the cream, bacon, mustards and some tarragon. Mix well and let bubble before adding back the meat.
- Ensure the meat is hot through before serving with extra tarragon.