I admit this barely qualifies as a recipe, but it’s so good it’s worth it! What follows is more of a series of assembly instructions to create a delicious and super easy canapé or snack. Nduja has entered my life with a bit of a bang. As soon as I tried the spicy spreadable salami I knew it would play a starring role in my cooking for a while. Whether I want to deepen the flavour in a stew, enrich a pasta sauce, top a homemade pizza or make a quick dip (recipe coming soon!), nduja is my new favourite ingredient, enhancing the flavour of so many dishes.
- 1 Loaf crusty white bread, very thinly sliced (use only as much as you need)
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Clove of garlic, peeled (optional)
- 1 Jar or sausage of nduja spreadable salami
- Micro rocket or other micro herb, to garnish
1. Turn on the grill. Brush the slices of bread with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place under the grill and cook until golden and crisp, turning as necessary. As soon as you take them out rub one side gently with the garlic clove.
2. Cut the toasts into canapé-sized pieces. Spread with nduja and garnish with the micro rocket. Serve immediately.